Opened 4 years ago
Rectangular editing / column mode / vertical selection / box selection
|Reported by:||szabgab||Owned by:|
This came up several times and searching trac I found several comments and did a little research what other editors provide.
For example see this link:
- allow the easy selection of a rectangular area of the code event if it has 0 width.
- allow copying from that area
- allow typing in code once and repeating in every selected row
- allow making some changes once and repeating it in every selected row
Padre status: r13695 (version 0.81)
Currently when I try it on my Ubuntu 10.10
- Ctrl-Alt-Mousdrag allows rectangular selection but
- Ctrl-Alt-Right (or Left) just switch viewspace. I guess the windowing system overrides the keys in Padre?
- Shift-Alt-Mousedrag and Shift-Alt-Right (Left, Up, Down) allow me to do rectangular selection. I can copy from the rectangular or I can just delete it but that's it.
- I could NOT select a 0-width selection or add the same text to several lines at the same time.
so the feature request would be to
- Implement the other features listed above
- Make it easy for people to find the key combination eg. by adding an empty menu option that just explains what this key binding does.