Opened 4 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#854 closed defect (not relevant)

Plugin localisation not showing up

Reported by: sblandin Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: plugins Version: trunk
Keywords: i18n, dev.pl Cc:

Description

I made up the Italian localisation for Padre::Plugin::Alarm.

I committed it to trunk giving the same name format as other localisation already present in trunk (PadrePluginAlarm-it-it.po).

I wanted to see if localised strings appears in plugin GUI so I run perl dev.pl -a in order to have all development plugin shown in plugin manager.

When I enable plugin the strings remain in English. The same happens with the already present French localisation

Change History (9)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by zenogantner

  • Keywords i18n added

Simone, do you still have this problem? Plugin l10n seems to work for me, I get all installed plugins (including Alarm) with Italian messages.

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 4 years ago by sblandin

Replying to zenogantner:

Simone, do you still have this problem? Plugin l10n seems to work for me, I get all installed plugins (including Alarm) with Italian messages.

Yes I still have this problem. What is Plugin l10n? A Padre plugin or a CPAN module?

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by zenogantner

No, l10n is just short for "localization", that is, translating strings, adapting things like decimal points and currencies, etc.

I have tried it with versions 0.13 and 0.14 of the plugin, on the current Padre from the SVN repository.

It also works for other plug-ins.

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 4 years ago by sblandin

Replying to zenogantner:

No, l10n is just short for "localization", that is, translating strings, adapting things like decimal points and currencies, etc.

I have tried it with versions 0.13 and 0.14 of the plugin, on the current Padre from the SVN repository.

It also works for other plug-ins.

Sorry, now I get it.

It works also for me but only for the "installed" version of Padre.

It does not work if I run Padre from SVN checkout directory

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by zenogantner

  • Keywords dev.pl added

Ah okay, I hadn't read your initial report closely enough.

I can confirm the behavior you describe.

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 4 years ago by sblandin

Today the behaviour is different.

if I run:

perl dev.pl

The few plugins available are shown in the correct language.

if I run

perl dev.pl -a

Padre won't start showing this error message:

unknown line: ´╗┐opyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER

comment:7 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by zenogantner

Same here.

But that would mean that the problem you describe is gone, and that there is just a problem with ./dev.pl -a.

comment:8 in reply to: ↑ 7 Changed 4 years ago by sblandin

Replying to zenogantner:

Same here.

But that would mean that the problem you describe is gone, and that there is just a problem with ./dev.pl -a.

Well the problem causing the error message is due to three malformed .po files for the dutch translation. These are:

PadrePluginEncrypt-nl-nl.po
PadrePluginHTML-nl-nl.po
PadrePluginKate-nl-nl.po

I don't know which is the proper way to handle this issue. Locally, just opening these file with poedit and saving them again solves the problem.

However, when Padre starts plugin localisation is still in English

comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by bowtie

  • Resolution set to not relevant
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.