Ticket #965 (closed defect: fixed)
High memory & CPU usage
|Reported by:||Sewi||Owned by:|
A Padre r11871 with 7 small open files (< 1000 lines each) started 3 days ago (with about 50% system suspend time since then) is using 2 GB virtual memory and 526 MB real memory. He used 1679 minutes CPU time, 5-second-cpu-time-usage is at 37% (of the run time), those 526 MB are 45% of my systems physical memory.
pstree shows a main task with 3 child threads.
- main task seems to be in Wx main loop
- thread 1 waiting at a futex-call (looks like sleeping)
- thread 2 waiting at a futex-call (looks like sleeping)
- thread 3 is issuing masses of stat-calls in directories not related to the open files
Padre is slow on scrolling, sometimes visual refresh is slower than typing. When doing nothing for a few minutes and then pressing right-arrow to go to the next char takes about a second for processing, the next ones feel nearly like realtime.
Each save-command is followed by a few seconds sleep.
Other running copies went into app-freeze for up to some minutes on every save, but these were earlier revisions, so this might be fixed.
I assume that every tab-change issues a complete rescan of my home dir.
I don't have exact figures on memory usage, but I used to run 3-5 Padre tasks for days (sometimes weeks) in parallel before the new Task system.
- Summary changed from High memory usage to High memory & CPU usage