|Version 1 (modified by szabgab, 5 years ago) (diff)|
We are using Subversion for version control. The main development is in the trunk http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk. There is a separate directory for plug-ins and spin-off projects: http://svn.perlide.org/padre/projects
- see Download for installation information
Release and Distribution
Release of Padre
As of release 0.21 we started a rotation of release managers for Padre. We still have to understand how we manage the PAUSE assignment so it will allow the indexing for every developer bu we can learn that from the Parrot developers.
- cd to trunk/Padre
- Make sure the Changes file is up to date and manually update if necessary, add the vX.XX Date string at the top (commit)
- run perl ../tools/update_version_number.pl VERSION that will update the version number in every module and report if there was no VERSION entry in a module. Those need to be fixed. (commit)
- run perl ../tools/release.pl REV VERSION [--tag] will try to create a distribution using a temporary directory and copy the resulting Padre-X.XX.tar.gz in the current directory. The optional --tag flag will also create a tag in SVN. So the release manager first can run it dry and when she is sure it creates a good release can run it again to also tag it in SVN.
- Upload to PAUSE
- Send announcement to padre-dev mailing list
- Send announcement to padre-news mailing list (Gabor needs to approve the message)
- Submit announcement to http://use.perl.org/
- Update the Release History
- Add the version number to the list of versions in Trac (Gabor needs to do this)