|Version 2 (modified by tsee, 7 years ago) (diff)|
We are using Subversion for version control. The main development is in the trunk http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk. There is a separate directory for plug-ins and spin-off projects: http://svn.perlide.org/padre/projects
- see Download for installation information
Release and Distribution
Release of Padre
As of release 0.21 we started a rotation of release managers for Padre.
- Obtain co-maintenance permissions for all of the namespaces in the Padre distribution. Talk to Gábor Szabó (szabgab), Adam Kennedy (Alias), or Steffen Müller (tsee) about this.
- cd to trunk/Padre
- Make sure the Changes file is up to date and manually update if necessary, add the vX.XX Date string at the top (commit)
- run perl ../tools/update_version_number.pl VERSION that will update the version number in every module and report if there was no VERSION entry in a module. Those need to be fixed. (commit)
- run perl ../tools/release.pl REV VERSION [--tag] will try to create a distribution using a temporary directory and copy the resulting Padre-X.XX.tar.gz in the current directory. The optional --tag flag will also create a tag in SVN. So the release manager first can run it dry and when she is sure it creates a good release can run it again to also tag it in SVN.
- Upload to PAUSE
- Send announcement to padre-dev mailing list
- Send announcement to padre-news mailing list (Gabor needs to approve the message)
- Submit announcement to http://use.perl.org/
- Update the Release History
- Add the version number to the list of versions in Trac (Gabor needs to do this)
- Important: Assign primary maintainer status to Gabor (PAUSE ID 'SZABGAB') for all namespaces that are new in the current release.
- Log into your PAUSE account
- Click "View Permissions" in the menu
- Note all Padre::* classes for which you are listed as "first-come" (as opposed to "co-maint").
- Click "Change Permissions" in the menu
- Under "2. You are primary maintainer:" select any one or all of the Padre::* namespaces that appear in the list view.
- Click Select for "2.1 Pass primary maintainership status to somebody else (giving it up at the same time)"
- Make sure all Padre::* namespaces are selected in the new listbox.
- Enter "SZABGAB" in the text field.
- Click "Pass Maintainership Status".
- You will automatically become co-maintainer instead of primary maintainer of the classes in question.