|Version 5 (modified by zenogantner, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Ubuntu Installation Instructions
Installation using the Package Manager
Ubuntu 9.10 contains Padre 0.42, Ubuntu 10.04 contains Padre 0.50
sudo aptitude install padre
Use apt-cache to find out which plug-ins are available:
apt-cache -n search padre
On Ubuntu 10.04, you can install the following plug-ins:
sudo aptitude install libpadre-plugin-css-perl libpadre-plugin-html-perl libpadre-plugin-spellcheck-perl libpadre-plugin-xml-perl libpadre-plugin-autoformat-perl libpadre-plugin-vi-perl libpadre-plugin-nopaste-perl
Installation from CPAN
This was checked for Ubuntu 9.04, but it should work for later versions as well.
- sudo aptitude install libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-0
- sudo aptitude install g++
- download and setup local::lib
- configure the cpan client setting the prerequisite_policy to 'follow' and to add a CPAN server in the urllist:
- conf prerequisites_policy follow
- conf urllist http://cpan.yahoo.com/
- conf save
- cpan Alien::wxWidgets
- cpan Wx
- cpan Padre
There are certain places where CPAN.pm is still asking for confirmation "is just needed temporarily during building or testing. Do you want to install it permanently (y/n) [yes]".
This can be eliminated by setting build_requires_install_policy to 'yes' in the CPAN client:
- conf build_requires_install_policy yes
- conf save
Still Not Working?
Following the instructions on this page did not lead to a successful installation?
We will do our best to help you. By letting us know that something does not work you will help us, too. When we know about it, we can improve this documentation and Padre itself.