|Version 16 (modified by CargoIT, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Windows Installation Instructions
Padre on Strawberry Perl
The third experimental version can be downloaded from this link: http://code.google.com/p/padre-perl-ide/downloads/detail?name=padre-0.84-on-strawberry-126.96.36.199-v3.exe Its download size is 45,096,484 bytes. After installation it takes up 300 Mb
It is an executable installer that will also configure the PATH environment and configure Strawberry to be usable from any installation path. (You probably need to avoid spaces and non-ascii characters in the path)
If you have other Perls installed you will also have to make sure the PATH always contains entries to the one you actually want to use. If you don't want to change your PATH ambient variable you can create a new Shortcut on your Desktop and specify "C:\Strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\padre" as shortcut destination. Double-clicking on this, you will launch Padre using Strawberry interpreter.
Release notes are in the SVN repository.
The most convenient way to get Padre is via the Padre Standalone package. See the http://padre.perlide.org/download.html page for details.
Installation from CPAN
Depending on which version of Perl you use, there are different instructions:
On Windows, the installation of IPC::Run (0.82) hangs sometimes - install it using
cpan> force install notest IPC::Run
Still Not Working?
Following the instructions on this page did not lead to a successful installation?
We will do our best to help you. By letting us know that something does not work you will help us, too. When we know about it, we can improve this documentation and Padre itself.
Troubleshooting Padre on Strawberry Perl
A couple of ideas what to check if Padre does not launch:
- Is this the only perl on the system?
- Was it installed in a path that does not contain spaces (or non-ascii characters?)
- What version of Windows do you run.
- Is there any space or non-ascii character in the username?
- Open a command window (Start/Run?/cmd) and type padre there
- in the command window type perl c:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\padre
- perl c:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\padre --version
- Is there some firewall or access control that might prevent the server to launch and padre does not survive it?
- The configuration files should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Perl\Padre" maybe deleting them will allow Padre to launch