|Version 8 (modified by bowtie, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Edit -> Patch draft
Patch only works on files in local editor that are saved, ie it ignores files with leading * prefix in there name.
It is simplistic in it's approach, as it only works on one file at a time, If you need to work with files/projects look at one of our Plug-ins.
Patch tries to auto select the correct file in each list where relevant.
- the techie one liner Action, Against, Select File-1, Select File-2 if appropriate and then Process
Thanks to All the active members for there help with this addition
If your current file in Padre is a patch file ( *.patch or *.diff ) and you Right click you get the following.
You will notice a short cut to Patch... has appeared.
- To Launch the Patch Dialogue, Menu Bar, Edit->Patch...
- By default Patch will assume it is working in Patch mode and if started with a *.patch file as current file. Patch will try to find among the other open files a corresponding file to apply the *.patch against as shown below.
|Patch||File-1||File-2||auto select File-1 based on File-2 name, File-2 auto select based on extension|
|Action||Diff||File-1||File-2||auto select File-1 based on current file, File-2 auto select file 0|
|Diff||File-1||SVN||auto select File-1 based on current file,File-2 n/a|
- Normal information will go to Padre status bar.
- We have assumed Show low-priority info messages on Status-bar (not in a pop-up) is true,
- Patch results in a new Tab in Padre editor titled unsaved
- Diff results in file-name suffixed with .patch, saved in same location as file-name and opened in Padre editor.
- Any error message will be displayed in Padre Output panel.
- Patch uses Text::Patch.
- Diff uses Text::Diff.
- SVN::Class is used if present, if not SVN radio button will be greyed out.
- File List display in order files were loaded into Padre, if you have move files around by dragging there Tab this will not be reflected in List display order.
- If you have multiple files open with same name but with different paths only the first will get matched.
- Use a different solution to SVN::Class which is not *inux centric.