|Version 5 (modified by mj41, 2 years ago) (diff)|
This feature has a partial implementation and it needs a better description how it should work.
Remote editing via FTP (#12), HTTP, SSH and other protocols
Use File -> Open... -> Open URL to open a remote file.
Examples of valid URLs:
Some parts have special behavior depending on the URL type. Example: The file-refreshed-on-disk check is done less often.
- Currently read-only
- Read/Write? access
- Supports anonymous ftp
- Supports authenticated ftp (username/password)
(Need to check)
|#1058||Open file via SFTP||zenogantner|
|#1056||Open URL dialog should show which URL types are supported||zenogantner|
|#907||remote (sshfs) file is shown as read-only in status bar||zenogantner|
|#583||Open dialog for browsing using Padre::File||Sewi|
|#12||not relevant||Add remote editing capability via ftp and ssh||szabgab|
Automated tests are in t/94.padre-file-remote.t but you have to set the environment variable PADRE_NETWORK_T to true to enable them.
Manual test: Open the following URLs with File -> Open... -> Open URL:
- http://www.google.com (Should give you the HTML source of the Google homepage)
- Should open the Padre Makefile.PL
- Should be discovered as Perl source (see status bar)
- Build a better UI for the open dialog
- Good example: VLC open dialog with different tab's for each supported protocol (source for vlc)
- Convert all Padre disk i/o to use Padre::File
- Find a solution for syntax check and "run file"
- A file edited over SSH could be checked/run at the remote server
- HTTP/FTP don't easily support run, but FTP files might be run-able via HTTP (CGI scripts)
Padre::Plugin::ReDevel - remote development through SSH