|Version 2 (modified by szabgab, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Run an application from within the editor
Simple running works but there are several options here.
Default: If the files is .pl save automatically and run it with the current perl.
Any other file, don't run for now, just display a message.
When running a script disable the Run menu and show a stop menu point. Make sure both STDOUT and STDERR are displayed along with all of their newlines. Allow for STDIN to be redirected to the external process.
- When developing a script we would like to run the current file (the one we currently watch) with some predefined options we should save these options before runs
- When developing a larger application with several modules and a script we would like to run a predefined script with some predefined options
- Both of the above should be either directly or using a debugger
- STDERR and STDOUT should be captured - for simple command line script we might want to have a full command line emulation?
- Run the unit tests assuming Makefile.PL or Build.PL
|#1434||fixed||Programs tested with "run" should open in Terminal.app on Osx; not xterm.||bennie||bennie|
|#1219||fixed||Non-ASCII Character (SPACE) unrecognizeable||Supersede||Supersede|
|#1123||"Stop Execution" and "Run" should somehow indicate in the Output window how the script terminated||zenogantner|
|#1119||"Stop Execution" should be grayed out in the menu when the script is not running||zenogantner|
|#1118||"Stop Execution" should be available in the Output pane's context menu||zenogantner|
|#1082||not relevant||Run -> Run Command: I-bar isn't where it should be||briza|
|#743||No option for hooking up <STDIN> in Padre||szabgab||crz|
|#467||fixed||allow customization of run-time environment via preferences (eg. set environment vars, etc.)||ejb|
|#466||allow execution with a different perl interpreter||szabgab|
|#276||fixed||improve the run dialog||therek||szabgab|
|#23||not relevant||Run an application from within the editor||szabgab|