|Version 3 (modified by szabgab, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Downloading and Installing
Download it from http://www.perlide.org/download/ unzip it and run
You should have a working Padre with a fully installed perl.
Better if you don't have any other perl in your PATH.
How to include Padre into Portable Strawberry and how to release it
- Download Portable Strawberry http://strawberryperl.com/
- ( http://strawberryperl.com/download/strawberry-perl-126.96.36.199-portable-beta-1.zip )
- unzip it to c:\portable
- Theoretically we should not need this but both portable is a bit buggy and some
- modules just call out to system("perl") that requires perl to be in PATH. So
- set the PATH to include both c:\portable\c\bin and c:\portable\perl\bin
- Install Padre using
cpan> install Padre
- Install Plugins
- .padre is currently in C:\ shall we set the PADRE_HOME to a directory in the portable distribution? (if so we can configure the plug-ins and ship them but we have to make sure the configuration files don't include personal history..
- remove the cpan_sqlite_log.... files from c:\portable\cpan
- remove C:\portable\cpan\build and C:\portable\cpan\sources
- ( the whole portable directory is now 177 Mb )
portablepadre.bat contains the following magic:
- create a zip file and drag all the content of c:\portable\ in it
- (TODO isn't there a command line tool in portable to create the zip file ?)
- The resulting zip file for Padre 0.19 on Portable Strawberry beta 1 was 52 Mb