|Version 4 (modified by szabgab, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Downloading and Installing
Download the latest strawberry-perl-5.10.0.... from http://www.perlide.org/download/ unzip it to a path that does not contain spaces and run
You should have a working Padre with a fully installed perl.
Better if you don't have any other perl in your PATH.
(This is mostly important for the Padre development team and not the end user)
How to include Padre into Portable Strawberry and how to release it
- Download Portable Strawberry http://strawberryperl.com/
- ( http://strawberryperl.com/download/strawberry-perl-126.96.36.199-portable-beta-1.zip )
- unzip it to c:\portable
- Theoretically we should not need this but both portable is a bit buggy and some
- modules just call out to system("perl") that requires perl to be in PATH. So
- set the PATH to include both c:\portable\c\bin and c:\portable\perl\bin
- Install Padre using
cpan> install Padre
- Install Plugins
- .padre is currently in C:\ shall we set the PADRE_HOME to a directory in the portable distribution? (if so we can configure the plug-ins and ship them but we have to make sure the configuration files don't include personal history..
- remove the cpan_sqlite_log.... files from c:\portable\cpan
- remove C:\portable\cpan\build and C:\portable\cpan\sources
- ( the whole portable directory is now 177 Mb )
portablepadre.bat contains the following magic:
- create a zip file and drag all the content of c:\portable\ in it
- (TODO isn't there a command line tool in portable to create the zip file ?)
- The resulting zip file for Padre 0.19 on Portable Strawberry beta 1 was 52 Mb