|Version 3 (modified by zenogantner, 3 years ago) (diff)|
What to report
- for each single item OK or * crashes * inconsistent behaviour * actions that do not work as expected
- for each section How much time did it take you to perform the tests?
- fresh Padre installation
Perl 5 scripts
- open a Perl script
- run it by hitting F5
- activate syntax checks
- introduce a syntax error and inspect resulting output
- click on the syntax error to jump to the position of the error
Perl 5 modules
- open a large Perl module (e.g. from the Padre source)
- activate the function list
- double-click on a function name to jump to its location in the file
- activate the outline view
- double-click on a method name to jump to its location in the file
- open the project browser
- browse the directories of the project
- open a file from the project
- save it under another name
- delete the newly created file
- "File" -> "New"
- save it as file.txt
- save it as file
- use "Edit" -> "Go To ..." to jump to a given line
- use "Edit" -> "Go To ..." to jump to a given character position
Perl distributions and templates and running
- create a new Perl 5 distribution: "File" -> "New" -> "Perl Distribution ..."
- create a "hello, world" style Perl 5 module: "File" -> "New" -> "Perl 5 Module"
- create a test for the module: "File" -> "New" -> "Perl 5 Test"
- use "File" -> "Save Intuition" to save the module
- run the test: "Run" -> "Run Tests"
- run the test: "Run" -> "Run and Build Tests"
- create a new Perl 5 script that uses the module: "File" -> "New" -> "Perl 5 Script"
- run it: "Run" -> "Run Script"
- run it: "Run" -> "Run Script (Debug Info)"
- add an infinite loop the the script
- run the script and abort it using F6