|Version 2 (modified by szabgab, 5 years ago) (diff)|
On this page we try to design how Padre should handle various needs of programming languages and file types.
Every type can have several tools for syntax highlighting, for execution, help, etc
Syntax highlighting can be by
- Scintilla (STC)
- Kate plugin (which is just a few regular expressions in Perl 5)
- Parrot parse tree
- Various implementations
- STC - old but fast
- PPI - slow and quite good
- Kate - ?
- Parrot - NO
There can be several different versions
- by STD (in Plugin:Perl6)
- simple vi-style regex (will be in Plugin::Perl6 or separately to reduce the need for prereqs?)
- by Parrot (subclass if Plugin::Parrot?)
- Can have various implementations, for now
- Pugs ?
by Parrot + Rakudo + Parrot::Interpreter (Parrot built, languages/perl6 built, Parrot::Embed built)
by simple regex by Parrot
by Parrot + Parrot::Interpreter