|Version 2 (modified by szabgab, 4 years ago) (diff)|
We don't yet use the Roadmap feature of Trac.
Currently everyone works on his/he favorite area, sometimes we open tickets for the ideas but often people just implement features.
We release about once a week when we feel the project is stable enough.
The Padre Developers can put here a list of items they are planning to work on. Better connect them to trac tickets...
I'd be glad if others helped with any of these task.
Even though due to a lack of grant manager my grant has not officially started, I do think it is important to make progress on
- Parrot and Perl 6 integration
To allow others to work safer on Padre:
- Code cleanup and adding (unit) tests ( #22 )
Stuff that beginners need
- Promoting the translation of
- Perl 5 Debugger integration (while the corresponding grant proposal was postponed, I think having a debugger in Padre is very important) ( #11 )
- Context sensitive help ( #96, #56, #58, #59 )
- Download and Installation, especially for Windows (continue providing the Portable Strawberry with Padre installed) with various plug-ins and even improve it
- Sample perl scripts + tutorial that comes with Padre
- First runner should get a sample Perl script with some directions
- Clean up the Calltips and add simple examples to the most important functions.
- "New Perl script" feature that will include use strict, use warnings and maybe some other skeleton code ( #21 )
- Run from Padre should be able to allow STDIN as well (maybe we should spawn a shell or cmd and run the perl script there as some other editors do) ( #110 )
- Remote editing ( #12 ) and remote running via ssh or telnet
- Catch common errors of beginners ( #52 )