|Version 9 (modified by azawawi, 5 years ago) (diff)|
We don't yet use the Roadmap feature of Trac.
Currently everyone works on his/he favorite area, sometimes we open tickets for the ideas but often people just implement features.
We release about once a week when we feel the project is stable enough.
The Padre Developers can put here a list of items they are planning to work on. Better connect them to trac tickets...
I'd be glad if others helped with any of these task.
Aid for Padre developers
- IRC robot for SVN commits and trac updates
- IRC logger integrated into padre.perlide.org or to www.perlide.org
- Buildbot setup for continuous testing
- post commit hook to generate docs in HTML format
- post commit hook to generate report about the translation status
Even though due to a lack of grant manager my grant has not officially started, I do think it is important to make progress on
- Parrot and Perl 6 integration ( http://szabgab.com/blog/2008/12/1229032305.html , http://news.perlfoundation.org/2008/11/2008q4_grant_proposal_integrat.html )
To allow others to work safer on Padre:
- Code cleanup and adding (unit) tests ( #22 )
Stuff that beginners need
- Promoting the translations: TranslationIntro
- Perl 5 Debugger integration (while the corresponding grant proposal was postponed, I think having a debugger in Padre is very important) ( #11, http://news.perlfoundation.org/2008/11/2008q4_grant_proposal_perl_deb.html )
- Context sensitive help ( #96, #56, #58, #59 )
- Download and Installation, especially for Windows. Continue providing the PortableStrawberry with Padre installed and even improve it with various plug-ins.
- Sample perl scripts + tutorial that comes with Padre
- First runner should get a sample Perl script with some directions on how to read more, or run it etc.
- Clean up the Calltips and add simple examples to the most important functions.
- "New Perl script" feature that will include use strict, use warnings and maybe some other skeleton code ( #21 )
- Run from Padre should be able to allow STDIN as well (maybe we should spawn a shell or cmd and run the perl script there as some other editors do) ( #110 )
- Remote editing ( #12 ) and remote running via ssh or telnet
- Catch common errors of beginners ( #52 )
Ahmad M. Zawawi
- Perl 6 Outline tree view (support Perl6 attributes variables in outline view).
- Faster Perl 6 plugin auto coloring.
- Rakudo/PGE-based syntax highlighting.
- Better Perl 6 coloring and themes support
- Better Perl 6 official documentation integration
- Padre single instance mode and win32 shell integration
- Perl 6 plugin should understand STD errors better
- Perl 6 plugin should warn when STD lex cache is corrupt/old
- STD lex directory should be a configurable temp directory
- Issue visual warnings when there is no lex directory...
- Fix annoying Padre bugs