|Version 5 (modified by SvenDowideit, 16 months ago) (diff)|
Building GUI for Padre
Building GUI for Padre can be done either manually as we did earlier or using the wxFormBuilder.
- For Windows download wxFormBuilder from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxformbuilder/
- For Ubuntu visit https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wxformbuilder or better yet https://launchpad.net/~rjmyst3/+ppa-packages
- Use Padre::Plugin::FormBuilder?. It is not released on CPAN so you need to install it from our repository.
- Please follow this discussion http://irclog.perlgeek.de/padre/2010-12-10#i_3072846
The actual process is
- Using wxFormBuilder open the appropriate file in the project fbp directory.
- Install FormBuilder? plugin from SVN (it's not good enough to release)
- Use the FormBuilder? plugin to generate the code for the dialog.
- Save the code over the top of the existing .pm module in the Padre::Wx::FBP namespace with no modifications. The ::FBP:: namespace is designed specifically for this purpose, to hold unmodified generated files.
- Open the Padre::Wx::Dialog:: module, which inherits from the ::FBP:: module. Edit to apply any custom changes needed to match the generated code.
Building GUI application