|Version 19 (modified by azawawi, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Learning wxPerl and wxWidgets
For those like me (Gabor) who lack imagination here is an explanation of the stack.
- wxWidgets is the name of the C++ library that can be installed either by your operating systems package management tool ( aptitude install wx-common in case of Debian ) or by installing Alien::wxWidgets from CPAN
- Scintilla is an editor component written in C++ and used in many editors. It has been included in wxWidgets ad the STC or wxStyledTextCtrl. Padre 0.92 and later will use Wx::Scintilla instead of old Wx::STC to provide the latest and greatest from Scintilla.
- wxPerl is the name of the Perl binding to wxWidgets (or wrapper if you prefer that word) - It is packaged as the Wx distro on CPAN. Some of the recent Linux distros might also have.
- Above all that comes our code (Padre in our case)
downloadable version: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxperl/wxPerl-0.82-wx-2.8.7-docs-html.zip
- PerlMonks? articles
- wxPerl tutorial 3
- wxPerl Tutorial one :: The basics
- WxPerl woes -- putting a Tree into a ScrolledWindow
- XML with wxPerl
- HWXperl - The place for GUI apps in Perl
- WxBrowser - a wxPerl HTML Browser
- WxPerl Login Dialog
- Tk vs. wxPerl
- Using Icons on Wx::Notebook
- Using BoxSizer Layout Manager in wxPerl
- WxPerl Simplified
- RegexLab (a wxPerl version)
The latest versions of wxPerl, wxWidgets and Scintilla
- Wx (aka wxPerl) latest is 0.89 release on Dec 6, 2008 http://search.cpan.org/dist/Wx/
- Padre 0.90: Wx::Scintilla integration was added through feature_wx_scintilla
- Padre 0.92: Wx::Scintilla replaced Wx::STC completely.
- Wx::Scintilla 0.30 now supports the latest Scintilla 2.29 (released on 16th September 2011)
Various Items and suggestions
See Wx-Perl-DirTree? on CPAN